2020-2021 WCTA Nomination & Election Procedure Notice
The nomination process and election of the WCTA Board of Directors and MSEA and NEA Convention Delegates will take place January 15 through March 11, 2020.
Nominees shall be members in good standing of WCTA, MSEA, and NEA and have been a member of the Washington County Teachers Association for the (2) two consecutive school years preceding nomination and election. Delegates must fulfill all requirements included in the WCTA By-Laws.
Procedures and time line for nominations and elections:
NOMINATION PROCEDURES ~
- Nomination forms must be delivered to schools approximately one week prior to the return deadline.
- All nominations must include the written consent of the person nominated.
- Nomination forms and completed biographical data sheets must be returned to Andrew Ernst, Clear Spring Elementary School, by 2:30 p.m., February 3, 2020. Nominations forms received after the deadline or those delivered to the WCTA office will be invalid.
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to verify receipt of his/her nomination form
- The order of candidates on the ballot shall be determined by random draw.
ELECTION RULES AND PROCEDURES ~
According to Article XIV, Section 2d., of the WCTA Bylaws, “A written notice shall be sent to all members explaining the adopted election procedures for local representatives to state and national association bodies.”
- A biographical data sheet for candidates will be distributed to the Reps and posted on the WCTA website around February 6, 2020.
- Ballots must be postmarked by March 4, 2020. Ballots received after that date shall be deemed invalid.
- The Nominations and Elections Committee will count ballots in the WCTA office on March 11, 2020. Each candidate may have an observer present.
- No person shall be elected as an officer without receiving a majority of ballots cast (Article XIV-Elections, Section 1h.).
- In the case of a tie, a runoff election will be held for that office.
- In the event that no candidate receives a majority vote for a given office, a runoff election will be held for the two candidates receiving the higher number of votes for that office/position.
- The final election results will be published to the entire membership.
- All ballots will remain a matter of record, in the WCTA office, for a period of sixty (60) days following election.
2020 NOMINATION / ELECTION TIME LINE ~
|Jan 15||Nomination forms, election notice, procedures and timeline sent to schools.|
|Feb 3||Nomination forms & biographical data sheets returned to Andrew Ernst, Clear Spring Elementary School, by 2:30 p.m.|
|Feb 6||Ballots sent to each member. Biographical data sheets published on the WCTA website and distributed to Reps.|
|Feb 19||BOD and Officer candidates can speak at rep council meeting.|
|March 4||Ballots due back to WCTA office by 4:00p.m.|
|March 11||Nomination and Election Committee tabulates votes at WCTA office.|
|March 18||Winners announced at Rep Council meeting.|
|Click to download PDFs of these election forms:|
THE IN-SCHOOL MAIL DELIVERY SYSTEM MAY CAUSE TIME DELAYS