What is WCTA?
- We are the local educators’ association (i.e. union) that represents approximately 1,400 members who work for the Washington County (MD) Public Schools.
- We are an affiliate of both the Maryland State Education Association and the National Education Association.
Why are we here?
- To support each other.
- To support our profession
- To support public education
- To support our students and schools.
Spring Membership Drive – Runs through 8/31
Each spring, WCTA participates in the MSEA Spring Membership Drive! Current non-members may join during the spring membership drive window and begin paying dues next school year. Brand new and returning members may utilize the spring membership drive. All members listed in the “referred by/recruited by” section are entered into drawings for prizes.
Open the Early Enrollment “fillable” PDF above, complete it, and return it to Jamie Barrett at the WCTA Office to join now!
To join WCTA, complete this online membership application at the MSEA website.
(Note: You will need your employee identification number, so if you don’t yet have it memorized, be sure to have it handy.)
If you have questions about membership, you can complete the “Contact Us” form on our home page, call the WCTA office, or contact your school rep. We are glad you have visited this page, and we look forward to having you as a member of our Association.
* Click here for general Member Benefits information.
* Click here for general Sick Leave Bank information.
* Click here for general information about NEA perks.
Please call Jamie Barrett at 301-797-7682 to obtain membership or sick leave bank documents,