Teacher Tuesday Topics 2018-2019
Teacher Tuesdays are designed to facilitate both large and small group discussions with the superintendent and his team regarding topics across the school environment. Teacher Tuesdays are held in the auditorium at the Center for Education Services on Downsville Pike from 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm.
Mark your calendars if you would like to participate in sessions scheduled for the 2018-2019 school year.
- February 12, 2019 - Student Discipline
- March 12, 2019 - School Safety
Find out more about Restorative Practices and Peace Circles. Join us at the Restorative Practices Professional Learning Community/Support Group every third Thursday from 4:30-5:30 at the WCTA office.
WCTA/MSEA Election 2019 - 2020
It is time for the WCTA election. Click here to access the procedures, timeline, nominate, and read biographies.
This is the easiest way to get involved with WCTA. Help to chose the leaders for the future. Stay informed and vote. It is as easy as getting the ballot from your mailbox, marking it and returning it. Do you part, VOTE!
Healthcare Information and FAQ's
A Cigna representative will be onsite at CES on Tuesdays, starting February 5, from 11-5 to answer any questions you may have.
Some pdf's that may help explain things to you.
A few FAQ’s
- This program does not change your current insurance coverage.
- This does not apply to emergency situations.
- Pre-certification is not a referral. Referrals are still NOT required with the WCPS plan.
- In patient stays are already going through pre-certification. Select outpatient treatment will now need pre-certification. Call Cigna for exact details on your specific situation.
- Doctors are accustomed to gaining pre-certification approval prior to proceeding with treatment.
Cold Weather Shelter Volunteers Needed
Thursday, March 7, 2019 six to nine WCTA members are needed to prepare and serve dinner at the Reach Cold Weather Shelter. Report time is 5:15 pm. Dinner is served from 7-8:15 PM. Then you will clean-up. You will be finished by 9 PM. Contact Neil Becker email@example.com to volunteer. If this opportunity inspires a flood of volunteers we will work with Reach to see if another meal service needs volunteers.
- The March For Our Schools website is now up and running at MarchForOurSchools.com. Check it out and share it widely!
- Poster to print and share - What We Can Win/What We Can Lose - pdf, image
- Our 2-minute video summarizing what’s at stake and what’s next is available on YouTube at this link and on SchoolTube at this link. How do Taco Bell, Nickelback, and the March for Our Schools connect? You’ll just have to watch to find out.
- March RSVP: MarchForOurSchools.com
- To get MSEA text alerts: text MSEA to 84693
WCTA will be coordinating a bus, including a light dinner and refreshments. RSVP above to bring yourself, your friends and your family - the more the merrier!
Do you have questions about your healthcare bill? Contact one of the following:
- WCPS Benefits Office - 301-766-2810
- Tricia Riley, WCPS Benefits Specialist: email
- Contact Cigna - 800-244-6224 - If you have Medicare as your primary insurance please contact them first.
Be sure to log into your My Cigna page or app. Check out items available under the My Health tab. There are Discount Programs and Resources available that may save you additional money.
BE A 5 MINUTE ACTIVIST
MSEA continues to keep standing strong to protect our public schools from cuts and privatization in the days ahead. Get the last action alerts and breaking news on state education issues by signing up for their text alerts.
Text MSEA to 84693 and you'll be kept in the loop.
*Blackout hours - won't be alerted at night.
*Won't be bombarded, only most important news.
This Fund-Raiser is for everyone - WCTA members, non-members, co-workers, family and friends. Download the pdf here. At the bottom of the paper is a coupon to be filled out and returned along with your club dues of $15.00 (Checks should be made payable to WCTA Scholarship Fund). Drawings are held monthly during the WCTA Rep Council meeting. One lucky winner will be awarded a gift certificate to that month's corresponding restaurant. If you win one month, you are still eligible for each of the subsequent monthly drawings. Multiple entries are welcome. You may join at any time, late entries will not be eligible for months already drawn. Each entry remains active for the 12 drawings listed on the paper.
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO THE WCTA SCHOLARSHIP FUND
Winners 2018/2019 School Year:
July - Jenny Peck-Weigand @ Pleasant Valley won $30 to The Stadium
Aug - Nadine Fox @ CES won $25 to Fratellis
Sept - Beth VanReenen @ Pleasant Valley won $25 to Rik’s Café
Oct - Michelle Neibauer @ Smithsburg Elem won $30 to Hempen Hill
Nov - Tony McDonald @ Salem Ave won $25 to Café Del Sol
Dec - Sharon Chirgott @ retired $40 to the Black Eyed Susan (which closed) so Sharon took the cash
Jan - Heather McAllister @ Fountain Rock Elementary won $50 CASH.
Interested in joining WCTA or have a question you would like to ask us. Fill out and submit the form below and you will be contacted.