UniServ Directors are MSEA field staff that are assigned to local offices and are here to assist you with any questions you may have about your rights and responsibilities as an educator.
Some examples of issues you may consult your UniServ Director about include:
- If you are threatened with any disciplinary action, termination or suspension
- If you have received an unsatisfactory evaluation or observation
- Conflicts with other staff or your building administrator
- Workers Compensation claims
- (In)voluntary transfers and Reduction-in-Force
- Concerns about health and safety or your school environment
- Lawsuits including ‘failure to educate’ and negligence.
UniServ Directors don’t only help with legal issues. They also help strengthen WCTA by working with various committees such Membership, Government Relations and Leadership Development. The UniServ also works hard to organize and empower members.
WCTA is only as strong as our membership involvement and UniServ directors are often out in buildings talking with members. If you would like your UniServ director to visit your building or if you would like to know how you can take a more active role in your Association, please contact the WCTA office at (301)797-7682
UniServ Director – Carlos Mellott – [email protected] – Cell 443-766-9977